Monday, March 26, 2012

To etsy or not to etsy...

Etsy has been calling me back for some time. I love to shop her, I love to sell on her, I love to promote her. Handmade, vintage, supplies what is not to love about these three words together? A few weeks ago I took the plunge with some product photos and reopened my empty little shop. The only problem I find is this...

I made this item, took some photos, edited them, listed the item with a desciption, shared the link, etc.  I did this with several pieces, although I only listed one on etsy for that day. The next day I sold 3 of the headbands to a customer in the shop. Haha! Good and bad.







Each item I list sells. Not via etsy but via brick and mortar or Facebook. And so as I list, I soon afterward delete or deactivate since many of my items are one of a kind from vintage or upcycled materials. And so, as fast as I try I cannot get a fully stocked etsy store. It is not a problem I am not genuinely concerned about. After all, a sale is a sale. Am I right?

In the meantime, I have had such a joy diving into the networking behind the etsy shop doors. Favorites, circles, teams, and ... treasuries.



Lovely and lovelier treasuries! I created one and then two and can't wait to keep making more! Starting with an idea in mind and shopping etsy choosing a wide array of items to suit your fancy until you've completed the look you were going for. Almost a "buyer" if you will for your own little boutique. And let me tell you, no greater a job in my opinion! Each item hand selected by you based on photo, description, seller, color, theme, or any other type of classification. And the best part... it promotes others. Their item gets special recognition for being included in a treasury. It has an opportunity to be featured, and it has a greater chance of being viewed and purchased. I am beyond thrilled with the concept. Supporting fellow artisans by simply featuring them in a treasury will be something that I commit to doing on a regular basis from here on out! And I hope if you have an etsy that you will too! Check out some of the recent treasuries I've featured:

April Showers

and

She sells sea shells...

No comments:

Post a Comment